Common Area and Inside apartment visitation requirements for family and friends of our Assisted Living and Memory Care residents:
WHO CAN HAVE VISITS:
- Resident is not COVID 19 confirmed
- Resident is not currently in COVID 19 isolation, special precautions or on 14-day quarantine
- Resident wishes to receive visits
WHO CAN VISIT:
- Any person the resident wishes to allow to visit. Those under 18 must be in the control of an adult visitor
- Only 2 visitors are allowed during an inside apartment visit.
- Pet visits will be allowed and should follow pet visit guidelines in the handbook.
VISIT HOURS AND LENGTH OF VISIT:
- Daily inside visits will be allowed from 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- 1 hour will be allotted for the inside apartment visit to ensure all residents have adequate visit time availability
SCHEDULING A VISIT:
- Contact our Concierge Desk at 630-769-6200 to schedule the visit
24 HOURS PRIOR TO AN INSIDE VISIT:
- Each visitor must complete Screening Questionnaire at least 24 hours in advance
- The Concierge desk of Oak Trace team member will call to complete the Screening Questionnaire
- Failure to complete 24 Hour Advance Screening will cause cancellation of inside visit
ENTRY TO THE HEALTH CENTER AT TIME OF VISIT:
- All entry will be at our Health Center main entrance
- Hands will be sanitized upon entry
- Visitor(s) will enter and remain 6 feet away from any other person entering the Health Center
- Visitor(s) will approach the Concierge Desk to complete Screening Questionnaire and temperature check. Visitors will be given a Screened sticker and Visit End Time sticker.
- Visitors will be provided ASSISTED LIVING AND ASSISTED LIVING MEMORY CARE VISIT FACT SHEET and will be provided written notification of how to inform Oak Trace if they were to have COVID 19 symptoms or test positive for COVID 19 within 14 days of their visit. Visitor(s) will be given a door hanger to place on the apartment door for the duration of the visit. The door hanger will be returned to the front desk at the end of the visit.
- After PPE is donned visitor(s) will proceed directly to the resident’s apartment.
- Outside visits are the preferred visit type weather permitting. During the visit wearing a mask, distancing 6 feet and performing hand hygiene is still required.
- Balconies are available for visits. 1 resident and 2 visitors can visit at per balcony. It is on a first come first serve basis.
- Outside benches are available on the property. 1 resident and 2 visitors per bench area.
COMMON AREA VISITS
- Visits may take place in common areas. The first floor living room is reserved for residents wanting to visit with each other from different floors or levels of living (Assisted Living versus Skilled). During the visit wearing a mask, distancing 6 feet and performing hand hygiene is still required.
RESIDENT TO RESIDENT VISITS:
- Residents may visit with other residents of their neighborhood in the floor living room.
- Residents wishing to visit with residents from other floors or levels of living should visit in the living room on the first floor.
- Masks, distancing 6 feet and hand hygiene is still required.
PPE, DISTANCING AND HAND HYGIENE GUIDELINES:
- Resident and visitor(s) will need to wear a face mask the entire time of the visit
- For those not fully vaccinated (14 days past the 2nd vaccine dose) the visit will be contactless, and visitors must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from the resident. For those fully vaccinated there can be close contact and touch if so desired by the resident. Masks must be worn and hand hygiene completed after contact.
- Posters are in place to remind residents and visitors of masking, distancing, and hand hygiene requirements
DURING THE VISIT:
- No food or beverage can be consumed during the visit.
- Visitors may not go to any other resident apartments or areas of the health center
- Failure to follow visitation rules will result in the visit being suspended
WHEN VISIT ENDS:
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands when exiting the visit area
- You will proceed directly to the main entrance to leave the Health Center
*Oak Trace reserves the right to deny visitation to specific residents that meet the criteria only if it believes the resident or visitor(s) does not comply with infection control guidance posing a risk of transmitting COVID 19 which puts the resident or visitor(s) at risk of harm